Thursday, March 15, 2012

Family vacation - Day 1

I love being on vacation! I'm a different person when I'm not in my home. I'm a much nicer, fun mom. I'm not so wound tight worried about chores, eating healthy, homework, kids behaving, I'm a fun mom and I can recognize a difference. The only thing that stressed me out on this passed vacation was my kids falling off the Grand Canyon. Which really was pretty stressful!

It's Spring Break in this household! We left Monday morning and drove to Williams to the Deer Farm. The boys loved feeding the deer, especially Jack. He was in Heaven! He's the animal lover of the family. Our favorite was the parrot. She was hilarious! "Polly want a cracker!" "Hello" and she'd bark like a dog. I could really get her talking, but whenever Scott would get close and try, she'd run to the other side of her cage and be quiet. She must prefer a female voice.


Jack wanted to hug all the animals.






After a picnic lunch, we traveled on to Walnut Canyon. The boys each picked out their bedrooms on the side of the cliff! It was a nice little hike and very interesting to thing of these people living on the edges of these cliffs so long ago. If they knew how good we had it now...


No comments: