Saturday, May 3, 2008

I love being the Mom of boys. I've always thought that boys are easier to raise, but lately, the responsibility of preparing missionaries has been a little overwelming. I think it's different, but not any easier than girls. Boys are fun. They are cuddly, loving, sweet and silly. Each of my 3 boys have such different personalities. I love them so much and am so greatful for my 3 boys. Wouldn't trade any of them for a girl.

2 comments:

RandiSue said...

I don't hardly know you but I love your blog. I think you are a great mom. And I think you will raise great missionaries. I just read this morning Russell M. Ballard's talk "the Greatest Generation of Missionaries" and I think you have taken to heart his counsel "Consequently, if we are “raising the bar” for your sons to serve as missionaries, that means we are also “raising the bar” for you. If we expect more of them, that means we expect more of you and your wife as well. Remember, Helaman’s 2,000 stripling warriors were faithful because “they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him” (Alma 53:21)—and that instruction came in their homes."

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

I'd have to say that boys are definitely NOT easier to raise than girls. Not mine anyway. Although I haven't experienced the boy/girl differences in teenagers yet, though... I still wouldn't trade my boys for girls either, though. Yours are definitely sweet.