The boys and I took swim lessons at our community pool during the month of June. Jack and I were in the "Mom & Me" class. All 4 of us did great! The older boys loved going off the diving board and going down the water slide! Jack and I tried the water slide once and I think he liked it.
Bradley's teacher remembers our first summer taking lessons when Bradley was 3 and hated to put his head under the water. She (and me too!) was so proud of him that he could now do several different strokes.
I really wanted Jared to learn to swim this summer and he did! I think he also was his teacher's favorite. One class Jared was the only kid! If Jared had the confidence, he could swim all over the place, but he's a little scared. He prefers using his innertube. But he can swim! When I make him!
Jack has gotten really good at putting his head under the water. I always count to 3 when I dunk him and when I get to 3 he closes his eyes and gets ready! When he comes up, he's not gagging, so I know he's holding his breath. Jack loves the water. A lot of times while I am holding him in the water he's kicking me trying to get away so he can go swim. When we were swimming at a friend's pool the other day, she has a good area in her pool that is chest high on Jack. I was letting him walk around in that area, the water helps support him. A few times he would fall in and be under water for a few seconds until I could get to him. When I would pull him up he'd have a huge grin on his face! He wasn't the slightest bit scared.






Sorry, no pics of Jack, I can't take pictures of him while I'm holding him in the water for fear that my camera will get dreanched!!
1 comment:
So fun! We have yet to swim even once this summer! I totally miss that about AZ...
Post a Comment