
Jared is very much in the "asking questions" phase. Every morning he asks,
"Do I have school today?" or "Is Luke and Lauren coming over today?" no "Is Max coming over day?" no "Is Trenton coming over today?" Anytime I ask him to do anything he replies, "How come?" And as we are driving, walking in the grocery store, watching t.v., pretty much doing anything he's asking, "Who's that," or "What is that?" or "What's that for?" I try not to let it drive me crazy, but to be honest, it does a little. My usual reply is "Because I said so," or "Because it is," or "Because I love you."
Jared also really likes to tell stories. Usually of things that happened months ago or of things that are currently going on. Like when we're eating dinner, he'll ask me if I remember when we were eating dinner.
So, Jared's favorite movie is "Night at the Museum." He doesn't know his colors, but he can quote this movie! Sad, I know. But because the dinosaur in the movie is a skeleton, we've been talking about bones and how we have bones under our skin. Here's how our conversation went the other day, "Mom, remember when I was in your tummy, and I saw your bones and I got scared of your bones?" Hmm, I guess I should be proud that he's having these thought processes since sometimes we wonder if Jared is really thinking at all. Another example of a conversation we have a lot is, "Mom, I got this for my birthday. (pause) "Mom, I got this for my birthday." (pause) "Mom, I got this for my birthday." So I finally realize he wants a response from me, so I say, "Yes Jared, you got that for your birthday." Then he asks, "Mom, did I get this for my birthday?" After we'd clearly made sure I knew that he had gotten it for his birthday. Wow!
But I do love this boy! And I know I'm going to someday miss his stories and his questions. He really is a curious, sweet boy, just trying to figure things out.
1 comment:
that's sooo cute. He was maybe remembering the preexistence memories!!
Post a Comment