We spent the Memorial Day weekend at Scott's parent's house in New Mexico. Monday afternoon Scott and I were watching a movie and Grandma, Jared and Bradley were playing a game at the kitchen table. Jack was exploring when he found Grandma's candle warmer. Her kitchen counter is 2 levels and the candle warmer was on the higher level. The cord was in reach for my sweet 10 month old. So Jack pulled the cord (you knew it was coming). The candle fell off the 1st level onto the 2
nd level and broke. Part of it shattered, but thankfully, most of it just broke off into larger pieces and stayed didn't fall onto the floor. (I hope this all makes sense to you) What we heard was a crash and then a scream. Here's what we found when we came running:


The candle was cherry, so at first glance we thought it was blood. Thank goodness Jack only had one tiny cut under his eye. It took the 3 of us an hour to clean up the mess in the kitchen and on the boy. First we pealed the thicker layers of wax, then scraped the thinner layer of wax, then wiped it with warm, wet
washcloths. On Jack I had to comb the wax out of his hair.
Anyone know how to get wax off clothes? I scraped off most of it off, but I can't get it all. I'm afraid to put it in my washing machine.
7 comments:
Put a brown paper bag on top of the clothes and use the iron on it. Seriously. The paper bag will absorb the wax :) Hope that helps!
You're not a bad parent. It happens to us all. (or at least similar situations do, anyway) I thought it was blood, too before I read the post! I was going to say the same thing about the paper bag and the iron though. Give it a shot.
I was wondering when you would post this great story!!
Yes, I have ironed wax out of clothes as well...I used a paper towel, but the paper bag sounds even better!
Wow! I bet you were scared at first! Isn't it amazing what our kids can get themselves into? I had fun watching Jack play with Sarah in Jeff's office yesterday during Sunday School by the way :)
oh my gosh, I bet your heart leapt out of your chest at first! Poor kiddo! what a pain to clean up too, man!
Hi Bad Mama - I'd say the best way to get that out of clothes is to buy some new ones!
You might want to try placing the clothes in the freezer overnight...wax gets hard when it freezes and should crack right off.
Post a Comment