Here's a look back, this is the first picture we received of Jared. In July of 2006 our case worker emailed this picture of Magno and asked if we would accept him for adoption. We were given 72 hours to decide. As soon as we saw his pictures, I laughed because he was perfect! He looked like the little boy I had pictured in my head since we first decided to adopt a toddler from Guatemala. We new he was meant to be ours. Finally, in January of 2007 we met this angel and brought him home to meet Bradley and join our family for eternity. Jared Magno McBride was sealed to us on April 7th, 2007.
Jared is too funny! I am so thankful our Heavenly Father decided to send him to our family. He says the funniest things and we love him unconditionally. Here's a typical conversation with Jared:
Jared: "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom. This is mine?"
Mom: " Yes Jared, that is your candy."
Jared: "Mom, Mom, Mom, I eat it?"
Mom: "Yes Jared, you can eat your candy"
Jared: "Yay!"
Jared is 3 years old, his birthday is in September but almost everyday he tells me something new that he wants for his birthday. I'm not sure why, but this kid cannot say my name (or anyone elses) just once. He has to say it at least 3 or 4 (sometimes more) times. Even if we are in mid conversation he'll do it OR if he gets distracted in the middle of his sentence, he'll start over with, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom!" Sometimes it drives me nuts, but then I remember he won't be this little for long and so I enjoy it while I can.
Jared loves to sing! His favorite is the ABCs. A lot of the time when he's playing by himself, he's singing a little tune to himself. He loves to say the prayer. He also loves to wrestle with his Dad (and his Mom when Dad's not around.) Jared also loves to play with his brother, Bradley, and loves to help take care of Jack, it's fun to be the big brother for a change. He loves Spiderman, Batman, Ninja Turtles, Dinosaurs and Power Rangers. Pretty much anything Bradley likes. His best friends are Trenton and Max. He is constantly asking to play with either one of them. Jared is so proud to be a Sunbeam. For a few weeks, he said he didn't want to go to church until he was reminded that he gets to go to his "big boy" class. Next week he gives the Article of Faith in Sharing Time. I'll give a report on how it goes! He hates going to bed and is the slowest eater I've ever seen. He is a good eater, though. We haven't found any food that he doesn't like. Although he doesn't share our family's love for ice cream. He'd prefer a friut or vegetable. Weird huh?!?!

Ahh, we love Jared.
3 comments:
Love these posts about your wonderful boys!
So funny about the Mom Mom Mom Mom!
Maybe he's just making sure he has your undivided attention before he talks to you when he says "mom" so many times. He must know that it's too much work to have to repeat himself a million times before the grown ups hear him. Maybe... He's adorable.
Post a Comment