Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My husband is a genius

Here's our drama over our microwave these past 2 days. Sunday night we came home from having dinner at my brother's house. I'm in my bedroom and hear a "Pop." When I come out to see what happened, Scott informs me he just broke the microwave. Just like that! It's 9 pm, he had no reason to use the microwave, how in the world is it now broken! Turns out he was looking at the filter thinking that maybe it needed to be cleaned (he was on a cleaning kick all weekend, I couldn't complain too much about the microwave because the house was spotless, thanks to him!). So he took it apart, found the problem, but didn't think he was going to be able to fix it. I thought for sure we were going to buy a new microwave. But last night he went online and looked at a few things. Then checked out the microwave again and found a fuse that had popped. I then received a lesson on what a fuse is and how it works. After a trip to Home Depot and a replacement fuse, my microwave works again! Yay!! $3 expense instead of whatever a new microwave would have cost. I wanted ask him if I could take a picture of him with the microwave for my blog, but I new he'd roll his eyes at me, so sorry no picture. I wasn't brave enough to ask. But he is a genius! I'm a lucky girl! Here is a pic of him on his motorcycle just because.

No comments: