Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mom's mission call



It's finally here! After almost 40 years of waiting, my Mom is finally accomplishing her dream of serving a mission!!! She reports on Sept. 8th to the Provo MTC and will serve for 18 months in the Toronto, Canada East Mission. She couldn't be any more excited. She's already got her suitcases packed, I think she's had them packed for months! We are so proud of her and her decision.

If you have a few minutes to spare, watch the video of her opening her call. It's really heartwarming (did I really just use that word?).

My Mom will be speaking in church on Sunday, Aug 31st at 11:00 Am at her church building if anyone would like to come. Then there is an open house at her house at 5 pm that night.

My Mom & Me

3 comments:

Castle Family said...

How exciting!! Your mom will be an AMAZING missionary! What a big heart that woman has! Tell her congrat's for me :)

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations to her. I used to live near Toronto a long time ago. I knew a family there that I would love to refer her to if I can get the parents' names. (I was friends with the daughter in 8th grade). If they still live there, they may be in her mission. If not, she can pass it along to someone or something..

Amie said...

awwww...wiw' baby becky!

why don't you just embed your youtube video of it?